Geez it has been a while since I have posted anything food related, shame on me! But to be frank I haven’t been baking a lot lately and even if I still love it from the bottom of my heart well I do have other priorities! But nevertheless I love from time to time to bake family treats which means recipes that are easy to make, don’t take a lot of time and that everyone can enjoy for a few days and that you can store and keep for a while.
You can bake muffins, brownies, shortbread, biscuits and in that case Cookies. I got some Praline last time I was home and it is one of my favorite thing. So I decided to combine one Sunday afternoon those Pralines to my favorite cookie recipe and adapt whatever was wrong and it turned out really yummy.
Let me talk to you guys about Pralines first, those are very french and specific and are mainly coming from the area of Lyon in france. It is a firm combination of almonds and caramelized sugar, which is most of the time pink. It is soft and hard and in Lyon they have many recipes and specialities such as the Praline pie and it can come hard, chewy or dewy. I personally love it and it is the best combined with Cookies!
- 250g of Soft Butter
- 125g of caster sugar
- 400g of self rising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 200g of milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pack of Pink Praline (150g)
- 2 pinches of Salt
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- First you are going to combine your Butter and Sugars. Make sure your butter had plenty of time to get softer so you can work faster. Combine your butter, caster sugar and vanilla sugar together. Once it is done add the vanilla extract and the maple syrup. The syrup will act as a chewy factor and combine all your sugars like nothing else.
- Once it is all done add your pinches of salt and one by one pour the eggs in the mix, make sure it as nice and combined.
- Final dry ingredient to pour is the flour, make sure you do it slowly and little by little otherwise your kitchen will turn into a cloudy room. 400G is a lot so take your time to make the prefect dough.
- Once all is mixed all together add your chocolate chips and praline, make sure to mix well so that all the dough as a fair amount of everything everywhere.
With that recipe I can make up to 24 HUGE cookies so a little goes a long way which means, make small balls or go for huge ones.
I cook those cookies 8mn on a preheat oven at 180° but keep your eyes on them as you will need to bake several batch and if your oven has been on for a while the last batches will cook faster.
Once out of the oven just let them chill for up to 30mn and your are good to enjoy Heaven on Earth.
VOILA! Enjoy !